September 27th // Tailgate Night // Colonel De Herbs & Spices and Eckerlin Meats
- 1 lb bacon/ground chuck blend—find at Eckerlin Meats
- 1 ½ Tbsp Colonel De’s Smoked Gouda Powder—find at Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices
- Hamburger bun--find at Em's Sourdough Bread
- 1 Serrano Chili—find at Eckerlin Meats
- 1 Lime—find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth’s Produce
- 1 Mango—find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth’s Produce
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro— find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth’s Produce
- Salt—find at Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices
- Mix together cheese powder with the meat.
- Form into ¼ lb
patties and grill 5 minutes on each side.
- To make the salsa, roast the chili until skin is blistered on
- Wrap in aluminum foil to sweat for 10
- Dice Mango into small squares.
- Carefully peel the skin from the pepper/seeds and
dice into small pieces (Wash hands immediately. Do NOT touch face or eyes.)
- Mix together with the mango, chopped cilantro, juice from the
lime, and salt.
- Top burgers with salsa and enjoy.